Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Please read the following link. The text applying to this post is based off it. I notify that if you are not able to view the hyperlink, a short summary is written. http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/09/18/1205006?sac=fo.crime Jack Britt High School, a well known public school upon the Fayetteville/Hope Mills areas in North Carolina, recently had a 15 year old student, who's name cannot be identified due to his juvenile age, brought a gun to school on September 18th. No one was hurt and no classes were distrupted. The student was simply tooken out of the classroom, checked, and escorted out. Deputies were notified at 10am. The student is now being held at a Juvenile Detention Center until being notified by the District Court judge. Though this news report wasn't national, it is part of a bigger national problem. Reports of guns on school property is not the only branch of problems in a contained school enviroment. There is also bullying, violence, discrimination, and many other factors that destroys the school communities and can even lead to a gun arrivals at school. How do we fix this? Well, before we go into detail, lets first get my opinion on this article. In my view, I am quite pleased with the reactions to this event. You can tell it was quite calm and didn't bring an outrage in the building and I respect the officer(s) for being quite approachable in this matter. I must say, however, I am not pleased with the student and the links not being signaled. Why did the student bring the gun to school? Is there a gang uprising or bullying issue not being mentioned? Before a disruption is completely resolved, similar causes for this evet must be identified. How can we expect to fix this if we don't know what needs to be fixed leading to this event. If a child die, the doctor must know how and why the child died and the symptons that occured. This is the exact matter. If the student was being bullied, a step need to be tooken is reducing bullying. How can you reduce it? Let there be harder consequences. Make the students MORE aware on how effective bullying can be. This has been Akejah McLaughlin giving her opinion on a gun violence matter and if you have any questions or comments, you can email me at akejahmclaughlin@yahoo.com. I also do appreciate comments upon my posts. That'll make it simpler for me to reply. Maybe even in a pulse. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a blessed day. Bang to the Boom Wall in the Room Akejah goes Zoom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name:
Date:
Opinion On Blog:
Suggestions:
Extra:
Thank-you!!!♥